A filling is a way to restore a tooth damaged by decay back to its normal function and shape.
How it’s done:
- Decayed tooth material removed.
- The area is cleaned and dried.
- The cavity is filled with a filling material.
All fillings are done with composite filling, this is a tooth coloured filling, they are matched to the same colour as your teeth.
Fillings in regard to teeth positioning:
- Front: The fillings is placed in teeth number 1, 2 or 3.
- Pre-molar: The fillings is placed in the 4th or 5th teeth.
- Molar: In this case the filling is placed into either teeth 6,7 or 8.
What is a Dental Filling?
Is way to restore a tooth by removing the decay and cleaning the affected area. The cleaned out cavity will then be filled.
How do I know if I need a filling?
Your dentist can advise you if you have a cavity that needs to be filled.
How will I feel afterwards?
Some people feel sensitivity after they get a filling. Tooth may be sensitive to pressure, air and temperature. This usually lasts only for a few days.
What happens if you don’t treat a cavity?
With time these harmful bacteria will create a little hole in the tooth, if it’s not repaired with a filling in time, the cavity will simply continue to grow. Overtime it becomes painful in which case a Root Canal Treatment is needed to save the tooth.
How much does a dental filling cost?
- Filling prices vary due to a few factors:
- depends on which teeth needs to be filled
- depends on how deep the teeth decay is?
- Our filling treatment is available from €85.
- For more information about our offers, please check our pricelist.
- Do you have a questions regarding a dental treatment or would you like to book an appointment?
- Contact us or CALL: 01 855 9910